The Beacon Academy Scholarship Grant
School Year 2014-2015
We are pleased to announce that two scholarship grants are available to Filipino citizens for the coming school year 2014-2015. These grants are open for Grade 9 and Grade 11, respectively.
The Beacon Academy is an independent secondary school committed to academic excellence, citizenship and integrity. It is a learning community that puts an emphasis on dialogue, reflection, collaboration, community service and the development of the whole person. It prepares students for entry into colleges and universities locally as well as abroad.
The scholarship grant may cover fees up to four years of high school, provided that grantees maintain the appropriate academic standing, abide by the school rules and regulations and contribute positively to the school community.
The scholarship committee reserves the right to grant partial or full tuition, with decisions made on a case-to-case basis. The Capital Development Fee shall be waived for all scholarship grantees. The family of the grantees shall cover expenses for transportation and uniforms and miscellaneous fees.
The Beacon Academy Scholarship Grant is open to:
1. Filipino citizens with no pending application for immigration to any foreign country.
2. Students who have completed their final year of an elementary education, usually seventh or eighth grade, or the equivalent. And Grade 10 (for Grade 11 applicants).
3. Students who are fourteen years of age (for Grade 9 applicants) and 16 years of age (for Grade 11 applicants) by August 2014.
4. Students with demonstrated high academic achievement in the top 10% of their current school and/or obtain a score of 85% or higher on the Beacon Academy entrance test.
5. Students with a good command of English and Filipino, both written and oral.
6. Students in good health, of good moral character, who demonstrate high standards of personal integrity.
7. Families that demonstrate need for financial assistance, but can cover miscellaneous, uniforms and other incidental expenses.
Applicants must submit:
- A letter of application written by the student, detailing a short personal academic history, personal goals or objectives, and ways that he/she intends to contribute to the learning community at the Beacon Academy.
- Scholarship Grant Application Form (click to download)
- Completed forms from the Beacon Academy Application packet, including the necessary letters of recommendation.
- Parent’s Financial Statement (click to download)
- Copy of the current income tax return from the student’s parents or legal guardian
- Official transcript of records from the last 3 years at the current school
The Application process for this Scholarship Grant will be as follows:
A. Applications must be submitted by January 30, 2014 to
The Beacon Academy
P.O. Box 46536,
Laguna Technopark Inc. (LTI) Post Office
Sta. Rosa, Laguna, Philippines 4026
Or may be delivered to:
The Beacon Academy
Cecilia Araneta Parkway
Binan, Laguna, Philippines, 4024
B. Suitable candidates will be contacted within two weeks of receipt of the application for scheduling of testing, interviews and attendance of a day at school with age peers.
C. Suitable candidates and their parents/guardians will undergo a final interview with the Scholarship Committee.
The Scholarship Grantee and his/her parents must indicate acceptance within one week of notification of the scholarship grant. A yearly evaluation will be conducted by the scholarship Committee to determine if the scholarship will be renewed for the following year.
For more information about The Beacon Academy Scholarship Grant, please feel free to contact Macel Lacson at (+632) 425-1326/ (+6349) 530-1148 (8am to 3:30pm | Standard Time +0800 UTC) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org