- BATCH 2020 COLLEGE & UNIVERSITY ACCEPTANCE LIST October 8, 2020
- BEACON ACADEMY STUDENT GETS ACCEPTED TO OXFORD UNIVERSITY March 4, 2020
- BEACON ACADEMY DELEGATES TO WORLD SCHOLAR’S CUP QUALIFY FOR TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS September 18, 2019
- Bright Young Achievers: Meet the Outstanding Class of 2019 August 22, 2019
- Beacon Academy's 10th Anniversary Logo August 22, 2019
Discussion-Based Learning (also called the “Harkness Method") is a learning style that challenges students to be responsible for their own education. Students are required to sit around an oval-discussion table and are tasked to find new information together, talk, wait for answers, and ultimately think for themselves. The teacher plays the role of facilitator as the students engage in dynamic discussions and questions about the subject matter.
The Academy includes this method of learning in its curriculum as it allows students to uncover a deeper understanding of the material while thinking critically and independently. The Academy believes these are skills that are necessary to survive in college and the world beyond.
[vimeo 107883082 w=700]
[vimeo 94721792 w=700]
Inforgraphic Video created by Flux Design Labs for the Beacon Academy