- Full Speech of Ms. Dolly de Leon Commencement Speaker for Class 2023 June 12, 2023
- YOU'RE INVITED: BEACON ACADEMY INFORMATION SESSION | February 4, 9AM Via Zoom January 23, 2023
- BEACON ACADEMY'S NEW HOUSE SYSTEM August 22, 2022
- BATCH 2022 COLLEGE & UNIVERSITY ACCEPTANCE LIST August 17, 2022
- STUDENT APPLICATIONS FOR AY 2022-2023 STILL BEING ACCEPTED June 14, 2022
The Academy's College & Career Counselors are available to provide guidance regarding higher education opportunities and programs, as well as to orient and assist students with applications to colleges and universities both locally and abroad.
The College Readiness Framework
The College Readiness Framework was developed by the Beacon Academy to provide sustained personal guidance to all students in their pathway to higher education. Its objective is to assist and provide students with the information, self-knowledge, skills and strategies involved in allowing a student to successfully apply to colleges and universities best fit for their strengths and interests. It is a framework that runs through all four years of the high school program.
At Grade 9, the framework focuses on the exploration of opportunities for students, in terms of possible education and career paths. At Grade 10, the framework moves towards cultivating an understanding of each student’s strengths and talents as aligned to their college plans. At Grade 11, strategies of applying to specific programs, colleges and universities are developed and applied. And at Grade 12, assistance and support in actual application processes are provided.
The Beacon Academy uses Cialfo, a university guidance platform, that provides a system for integrating the tools that a student needs in college planning (see https://cialfo.co).
Kuder Navigator Platform
The Beacon Academy uses Kuder Navigator (see. https://navigator.kuder.com), a career planning online platform to provide students the opportunity for career exploration in the context of their college applications.
- College and Career Counseling Profile AY 2020-2021
- Upcoming College Visits
- Info for SAT Takers
- Info for College Representatives
- College Counseling Blog