- Philips Exeter Academy Visits the Beacon Academy March 25, 2019
- BEACON ACADEMY DELEGATES PLACE IN TOP 100 AT WORLD SCHOLAR’S CUP TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS AT YALE UNIVERSITY November 23, 2017
- Now Accepting Applications for AY 2018-2019 November 14, 2017
- Save the Date: SPOTLIGHT 2017 Beacon Academy Fair February 6, 2017
- Now Accepting Applicants for AY 2017-2018 December 6, 2016
Beacon Academy's Brgy. Loma Immersion Program
In the spirit of academic collaboration and authentic learning, Beacon Academy's Grade 12 students from Business Management, Psychology, and Filipino enjoyed a sequence of interactions and local market exposures with store owners from Bgy. Loma, located in Binan, Laguna.
On August 18, the BA students met with the store owners for initial interviews and to see how they could best help them streamline their daily tasks. On August 28, the students assisted local store owners in their business operations and conducted qualitative research to gain a deeper understanding of how local businesses work and observe firsthand the relationship between the entrepreneur and their clients.
Here is a reflection from one of our students about the experience:
“We all claim that we are aware about what goes on beyond our own lives and empathize with people that don't live the way we do. In a country like the Philippines where the divide between social classes is distinct, it is hard to fully comprehend what lies beyond our own bubble. Last Friday, we dedicated 3 hours to work just as our respective Ates and Kuyas do everyday. To be able to experience a part of their daily lives helped me realize what kind of struggle and sacrifices the majority of our country has to make. I was reminded of how blessed I am and how important it is to give back.”