- Full Speech of Ms. Dolly de Leon Commencement Speaker for Class 2023 June 12, 2023
- YOU'RE INVITED: BEACON ACADEMY INFORMATION SESSION | February 4, 9AM Via Zoom January 23, 2023
- BEACON ACADEMY'S NEW HOUSE SYSTEM August 22, 2022
- BATCH 2022 COLLEGE & UNIVERSITY ACCEPTANCE LIST August 17, 2022
- STUDENT APPLICATIONS FOR AY 2022-2023 STILL BEING ACCEPTED June 14, 2022
Beacon Academy's Brgy. Loma Immersion Program
In the spirit of academic collaboration and authentic learning, Beacon Academy's Grade 12 students from Business Management, Psychology, and Filipino enjoyed a sequence of interactions and local market exposures with store owners from Bgy. Loma, located in Binan, Laguna.
On August 18, the BA students met with the store owners for initial interviews and to see how they could best help them streamline their daily tasks. On August 28, the students assisted local store owners in their business operations and conducted qualitative research to gain a deeper understanding of how local businesses work and observe firsthand the relationship between the entrepreneur and their clients.
Here is a reflection from one of our students about the experience:
“We all claim that we are aware about what goes on beyond our own lives and empathize with people that don't live the way we do. In a country like the Philippines where the divide between social classes is distinct, it is hard to fully comprehend what lies beyond our own bubble. Last Friday, we dedicated 3 hours to work just as our respective Ates and Kuyas do everyday. To be able to experience a part of their daily lives helped me realize what kind of struggle and sacrifices the majority of our country has to make. I was reminded of how blessed I am and how important it is to give back.”