- BATCH 2020 COLLEGE & UNIVERSITY ACCEPTANCE LIST October 8, 2020
- BEACON ACADEMY STUDENT GETS ACCEPTED TO OXFORD UNIVERSITY March 4, 2020
- BEACON ACADEMY DELEGATES TO WORLD SCHOLAR’S CUP QUALIFY FOR TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS September 18, 2019
- Bright Young Achievers: Meet the Outstanding Class of 2019 August 22, 2019
- Beacon Academy's 10th Anniversary Logo August 22, 2019
MYP Design Grade 9
Working from the premise that technology evolves from natural or manmade materials, students explore how materials and technology have changed the world. They investigate a chosen material, its compatibility with tools and adhesives, and apply the knowledge to designing and producing a practical and creative product that satisfies everyday human needs.
MYP Design Grade 10
Students explore the ideas, inspirations, and contexts behind product design. They then use skills previously learned in order to produce their own products to sell. They are then tasked to brand and package their products after a thorough investigation into what branding is, and what goes into effective branding. Their final task is to develop structures and routines necessary for them to effectively sell their products to their target market.