- BEACON ACADEMY'S NEW HOUSE SYSTEM August 22, 2022
- BATCH 2022 COLLEGE & UNIVERSITY ACCEPTANCE LIST August 17, 2022
- STUDENT APPLICATIONS FOR AY 2022-2023 STILL BEING ACCEPTED June 14, 2022
- BEACON ACADEMY IS PCNC ACCREDITED April 25, 2022
- BEACON ACADEMY STUDENTS BACK ON CAMPUS March 24, 2022
MYP Design Grade 9
Working from the premise that technology evolves from natural or manmade materials, students explore how materials and technology have changed the world. They investigate a chosen material, its compatibility with tools and adhesives, and apply the knowledge to designing and producing a practical and creative product that satisfies everyday human needs.
MYP Design Grade 10
Students explore the ideas, inspirations, and contexts behind product design. They then use skills previously learned in order to produce their own products to sell. They are then tasked to brand and package their products after a thorough investigation into what branding is, and what goes into effective branding. Their final task is to develop structures and routines necessary for them to effectively sell their products to their target market.