- Lenora Cabili Commencement Speech June 7, 2019 August 13, 2019
- Batch 2019 College and University Acceptance List May 20, 2019
- Philips Exeter Academy Visits the Beacon Academy March 25, 2019
- BEACON ACADEMY DELEGATES PLACE IN TOP 100 AT WORLD SCHOLAR’S CUP TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS AT YALE UNIVERSITY November 23, 2017
- Now Accepting Applications for AY 2018-2019 November 14, 2017
MYP Design Grade 9
Working from the premise that technology evolves from natural or manmade materials, students explore how materials and technology have changed the world. They investigate a chosen material, its compatibility with tools and adhesives, and apply the knowledge to designing and producing a practical and creative product that satisfies everyday human needs.
MYP Design Grade 10
Students explore the ideas, inspirations, and contexts behind product design. They then use skills previously learned in order to produce their own products to sell. They are then tasked to brand and package their products after a thorough investigation into what branding is, and what goes into effective branding. Their final task is to develop structures and routines necessary for them to effectively sell their products to their target market.