- Beacon Academy 10th Year Anniversary as an IB World School November 5, 2021
- BATCH 2021 COLLEGE & UNIVERSITY LIST September 6, 2021
- BATCH 2020 COLLEGE & UNIVERSITY ACCEPTANCE LIST October 8, 2020
- BEACON ACADEMY STUDENT GETS ACCEPTED TO OXFORD UNIVERSITY March 4, 2020
- BEACON ACADEMY DELEGATES TO WORLD SCHOLAR’S CUP QUALIFY FOR TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS September 18, 2019
MYP Physical Education (Grades 9 and 10)
Physical education at the Academy aims to provide experiential learning to enhance self-esteem, sportsmanship and overall social well-being; develop efficient movement skills; value personal fitness, healthy lifestyle and safe living; and to support a commitment to make and act upon informed health decisions for self and others, and possibly the immediate community.
There are four focus areas in physical education: wellness (fitness, personal health choices, growth and development, interpersonal relationships, safe living); sports and games (individual, partner, and team sports); movement, rhythm composition and performance; outdoor and adventure challenges and activities. Each of these focus areas contains a theoretical component to reinforce skills and concepts learned.