- BEACON ACADEMY'S NEW HOUSE SYSTEM August 22, 2022
- BATCH 2022 COLLEGE & UNIVERSITY ACCEPTANCE LIST August 17, 2022
- STUDENT APPLICATIONS FOR AY 2022-2023 STILL BEING ACCEPTED June 14, 2022
- BEACON ACADEMY IS PCNC ACCREDITED April 25, 2022
- BEACON ACADEMY STUDENTS BACK ON CAMPUS March 24, 2022
MYP Physical Education (Grades 9 and 10)
Physical education at the Academy aims to provide experiential learning to enhance self-esteem, sportsmanship and overall social well-being; develop efficient movement skills; value personal fitness, healthy lifestyle and safe living; and to support a commitment to make and act upon informed health decisions for self and others, and possibly the immediate community.
There are four focus areas in physical education: wellness (fitness, personal health choices, growth and development, interpersonal relationships, safe living); sports and games (individual, partner, and team sports); movement, rhythm composition and performance; outdoor and adventure challenges and activities. Each of these focus areas contains a theoretical component to reinforce skills and concepts learned.