- Lenora Cabili Commencement Speech June 7, 2019 August 13, 2019
- Batch 2019 College and University Acceptance List May 20, 2019
- Philips Exeter Academy Visits the Beacon Academy March 25, 2019
- BEACON ACADEMY DELEGATES PLACE IN TOP 100 AT WORLD SCHOLAR’S CUP TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS AT YALE UNIVERSITY November 23, 2017
- Now Accepting Applications for AY 2018-2019 November 14, 2017
MYP Physical Education (Grades 9 and 10)
Physical education at the Academy aims to provide experiential learning to enhance self-esteem, sportsmanship and overall social well-being; develop efficient movement skills; value personal fitness, healthy lifestyle and safe living; and to support a commitment to make and act upon informed health decisions for self and others, and possibly the immediate community.
There are four focus areas in physical education: wellness (fitness, personal health choices, growth and development, interpersonal relationships, safe living); sports and games (individual, partner, and team sports); movement, rhythm composition and performance; outdoor and adventure challenges and activities. Each of these focus areas contains a theoretical component to reinforce skills and concepts learned.